The Grand Pier will continue for a third consecutive year as the main sponsor for Weston Hospicecare’s Midnight Beach Walk.
This year the event will take place on Friday 7 September and will start from the Tropicana on Marine Parade.
The pier’s joint owner, Kerry Michael, says he is thrilled to continue to support the hospice as he appreciates just important community support is to the charity.
He said: “We are very happy to be supporting Weston Hospicecare once again with the Midnight Beach Walk.
“The dedication and hard work that the hospice undertakes is absolutely vital within our community.
“Following further cuts in the NHS budgets, there is more pressure and reliance on the hospice to help support families in our local community at times when they need it the most.
“The Midnight Beach Walk is a great event which helps to raise vital funds to keep our local hospice going and we are delighted that the Grand Pier is able to support once again as the main sponsor of this event.”
It costs £4.2million every year to support the annual operation of Weston Hospicecare with 20% of that figure supplied by the NHS. The remaining 80% must be raised by other means such as retail, donations and fundraising events like the Midnight Beach Walk.
Event organiser, Kelsey Dehaney, said: “We are so grateful to the Grand Pier for sponsoring the Midnight Beach Walk for the third consecutive time since its revival in 2016.
“By taking part in the Midnight Beach Walk won’t just mean you light up the night, you’ll become a light in the dark for the hundreds of people we help support on a daily basis.”
Last year 342 women registered and completed the route, raising a total of £26,553.30 to support the hospice.
Kelsey continued: “Being a women’s event, there is a real bond between all the participants and it is fantastic to see women coming together and supporting a great local charity which serves, and depends on the support from, the community.
“Whether you plan to take part in memory of a loved one, are keen to support a respected charity in your community, or you would simply like to enjoy a nice stroll along the beach with a friend, you’ll have a brilliant time.”