Over the past year, for every £1 secured through the government our incredible supporters, like you, have given £4.49.
Weston Hospicecare is a charity which provides tailored palliative care. Services are delivered through the Inpatient Unit, Day Hospice, Wellbeing Centre, Community Nursing Team and Family Support Team.
We rely on our incredible supporters to fund 80% of our operating costs. This operation provides palliative care for patients and their families as far north as Clevedon and Bristol Airport, as far east as Cheddar and as far south as Burnham-on-Sea; incorporating all areas in between.
- 1,745 patients and many family members cared for and supported.
- The Community Nursing Team covered 19,987 miles in their own vehicles across North Somerset
- 523 clients supported by the Family Support Team.
- 1,117 therapies delivered
- 105 patients attended day hospice
- 161 patients cared for in the Inpatient Unit
- The average length of stay 14.8 days.
- 29% of inpatients were discharged.
Let’s hear it for our incredible, dedicated and kind hospice volunteers…
- There are currently 768 active volunteers for Weston Hospicecare.
- 375 volunteer at Jackson-Barstow House
- 393 volunteer across the shop network
- Volunteers time alone is worth £1.1million to the hospice