Shopping with the hospice
Weston Hospicecare’s charity shops are placed across Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset and Sedgemoor and you can find out where they are by clicking here.
The hospice had to shut all charity shops and temporarily ceased trading due to the coronavirus pandemic. We have been able to reopen some donation stations and charity shops since.
We are so grateful to all supporters who are currently supporting our shops that are open and to those who have given so generously at donation stations.
Details for which shops are open for trading and guidance on how we can accept donations is below.
Which of our shops are open?
We have opened the following shops between 10am-4pm. All shops will be closed between 12.30-13.15pm for cleaning.
Burnham-on-Sea High Street, Monday to Saturday
Burnham-on-Sea £1 shop, Tuesday to Saturday
Clevedon Hill Road, Tuesday to Friday
Cheddar, Tuesday to Saturday
Devonshire Road Weston, Monday to Saturday
Milton Road Weston, Monday to Saturday
Waterloo Street Weston, Monday to Saturday
Worle Fashion (Located opposite Lloyds Bank), Monday to Saturday
Yatton, Monday to Friday
We want to keep our customers, staff and volunteers safe so we have introduced the following :
- Please do not visit us if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus.
- There is a limit to the number of staff, volunteers and customers allowed in our shops at any one time. Please see the signage on the front of each shop.
- We are asking everyone who visits our shops to wear a face covering.
- We are asking everyone to maintain social distancing from others in line with the government guidance.
- Please follow any guidance posters displayed inside the shop.
- Sanitiser is available for use in all of our shops and can be found at the entrance points.
- We are operating reduced opening hours and closing during lunch in order to protect our staff and volunteers when re-stocking/cleaning.
Donations will only be accepted in our shops between 9am-10am each day.
We can only accept two bags or boxes of good quality donations per donor. This is while we have room to accept them safely within the shop environment.
Our shop managers are responsible for deciding how many donations we can accept to ensure the safety of customers and staff. This works within safety guidelines published in our risk assessments.
Quarantine areas will be established in each shop and all donated stock will be stored for 48 hours before being processed. Once these areas are full we will be unable to accept any more until the quarantine period is over.
Staff accepting donations will be using PPE at all times. We ask that our donors wear a face mask when donating goods. We also ask that the donation bags are placed in a space identified by the receiving staff member and then the donor steps back allowing our staff to safely retrieve and store the items.
For continued health and wellbeing of our shop staff we request that no donations are received from members of the public who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
This information will be updated in line with government guidelines.
Click here for details on what items we can accept in our shops.