Why work with Weston Hospicecare?
- You will be assigned a dedicated member of the fundraising team who will fully support you throughout the partnership, helping to make the most out of your fundraising
- We can provide a Weston Hospicecare Ambassador to speak to your staff at work or at your fundraising events
- Demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility to your staff and customers
- Partnering with your local hospice allows you to really see the difference your support is making. You will be offered the chance to visit the hospice during the partnership.
- Make a positive impact on the community your staff live and work in
- The team building benefits of fundraising will lead to workplace positivity and boosted staff morale
- We will help you to make the most of social and printed media opportunities linked to your fundraising
Other ways you can help:
- Matched funding – some businesses will make a donation to us, matching your fundraising efforts!
- Display a collection box in your canteen or reception desk.
- Spread the word! Please tell your clients, suppliers, colleagues, friends and family about our charity and encourage them to get involved too.
- Promote Us via your social media chanels
How can you and your colleagues help?
Fundraising with your colleagues in your place of work can take many forms including dress down days, bake sales, a bad tie day or raffle
Charity of the Year
Many businesses chose a different charity each year to focus their fundraising efforts. If your employer does this, please nominate us
Gift in Kind
As well as raising money, some businesses can donate goods or services to help us to reduce our expenditure or raise money. For example, we often need raffle or auction prizes for our fundraising events or items for event participant goody bags. If you feel you might be able to support us in this way, we would love to discuss this with you.
Events and Challenges
We have a large portfolio of established events locally, including the annual Mendip Walk, Strictly Fun Dancing, Moonlight Beach Walk and the Men’s march. Many teams of walkers or runners are entered from local businesses and it is a fun way of spending time with your colleagues outside of work. For something more challenging, we have a variety of challenge events including the London Marathon, Skydiving, Cycle Challenges and even wing walking!
Many businesses choose to support our work by holding their own fundraising events such as a charity ball or golf day. If you’d like to support in this way, one of our dedicated fundraisers will be on hand to support you throughout with ideas, guidance and resources.
Many of our own events offer fantastic sponsorship opportunities for businesses to gain positive exposure linked to a well-regarded local charity. Our sponsorship pack, detailing the benefits on offer, is available on request.
Cause related marketing
Can your business donate a small percentage of products or services you sell to Weston Hospicecare? This is an excellent way of supporting the charity on an ongoing basis or over a particular period of time.
Payroll giving allows you to make donations direct from your wages before tax is deducted, giving immediate tax relief. It also gives us a reliable, regular income. Does your employer offer this? If so, please consider choosing Weston Hospicecare to donate regularly to.
Pennies from Heaven
Similar to Payroll giving, pennies from heaven allows employees to sign up to donate from their salary. Their Salary will be rounded down to the nearest £1 and the pennies (up to 99p) are donated to the charity chosen by the employer. If you have a large number of employees, this can add up to a substantial amount each month and compliment your charity partnership with us.
Volunteering & Team Opportunities
There are a number of ways that your team can volunteer with us at Weston Hospicecare. This could be skills based volunteering, gardening, painting or at a fundraising event. For example, we always need help with registering event participants, marshalling our routes and selling merchandise! Let us know if you’d like to volunteer and we will let you know the current opportunities to get involved.