Salary: £23,750 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week (to be worked over 5 days)
It has never been a better time to join our dynamic Community Fundraising Team who provide support and advice to hundreds of individuals, groups and local businesses to fundraise and take part in events raising vitally needed funds for Weston Hospicecare and the patients and families we support.
In this rewarding role, you will assist the Community Fundraising Manager in building the Hospice’s community fundraising programme, forging new relationships, and developing existing ones with our local community to raise income and the profile of the Hospice.
You will assist in developing and implementing plans to increase income and provide encouragement and support to individuals and groups fundraising for the Hospice including churches, schools, social groups and our own Friends Groups. You will plan and organise fundraising events and activities to increase engagement, as well as support mass participant events organised by colleagues.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need a current full driving license with the ability to travel around the Weston–super-Mare and North Somerset area, to work in different locations as required. The post holder will be required to work some evenings and weekends, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Duties will include:
- Encouraging and supporting fundraising activities in the community carried out by volunteers, individuals, organisations, and associations.
- Identifying opportunities to raise awareness of the charity including giving talks, attending local network events, and delivering workshops at schools.
- Working with the communications team to produce resources such as certificates, posters, and fundraising packs.
- Ensuring that all donor details are recorded on the Beacon Database and donors thanked.
- Recruiting volunteers to assist with events.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone with:
- PC skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to the work of Weston Hospicecare
- A strong team working ethos
- Community fundraising experience, which is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to drive your own vehicle.
In return, we offer:
- 6 weeks holiday (increases with service)
- Contributory pension/NHS transferable
- Healthcare discount scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Subsidised bus travel with First Bus Commuter Travel Club
- Free parking (on site or nearby)
For a full application pack and details of the benefits we offer, please visit our website at: https://westonhospicecare.org.uk/careers/ . Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us via our Reception on the number below.
Note: we are unable to accept CVs without a completed application form.
The closing date for completed applications Monday, 11 December (Midday). If your application is successful, it is anticipated that interviews will be week commencing the 18 December.
We value and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Application Pack Letter
Summary of Terms