Sunday 2nd June 2019
Challenge yourself by taking on an exciting 10, 20 or 30 mile walk following the stunning West Mendip Way. In 2019, the hospice’s 30th year of caring, the Mendip Challenge will take place on Sunday 2nd June, so get your boots at the ready and prepare to walk (or run) and raise money for Weston Hospicecare.
Starting and finishing at a brand-new, dog-friendly location – Weston Cricket Club! Registrations open at 6am for 30 mile walkers, 8am for 20 mile walkers and 11am for 10 mile walkers, with Bakers Dolphin coaches taking participants to their starting location.
Embrace the great countryside that awaits you, as our routes will leave you smiling for days. Pack your backpack, pull up your boot straps and get ready to take on the hills!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE COST:
- Entry to the Mendip Challenge 2019
- A free training programme to help you prepare for the walk
- A coach to the start point of your chosen distance
- A finisher’s medal to show off your achievements
- Entry to the dog-friendly after party, where you can relax while enjoying live music and buy refreshments, once you have made it back!
So…what are you waiting for? Please be sure to choose a distance you can realistically achieve on the day as participants must check-in at the finish line before 8pm. It costs £4.2million every year to run the hospice, by taking part and raising money you will be making a HUGE difference!
*Suggested minimum age for 30 miles: 14 and over with previous walking experience.
Registrations close at midnight on Sunday 26th May.
For more information call 01934 423960.