- This event has passed.
Annual Charity Golf Day
Annual Charity Golf Day – Friday 7 July 2023 Mendip Spring Golf Club
Weston Hospicecare’s 2023 Annual Charity Golf Day took place on July 7 2023 at Mendip Spring Golf Club.
A huge thank you to our 2023 Headline Sponsors:
PD and CL Building Services https://pdclbuildingservices.co.uk/ and
Twisted Web https://twistedweb.net/
Many thanks also to the following:
- Mercedes-Benz, Weston-super-Mare, for the Beers and Refreshments on the course and the Coffee and Breakfast Butties on arrival
- Towergate Insurance for the donation of 4 balls for the Auction
- PRB Fabrications for the 1st Team Prize
- IntoHeat for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Team Prizes
- Brennel Training for the Ladies Team Prize
- Thanks to P A Groundworks and P A Transport for Nearest the Pin and Longest Drive Prizes
- Unitary Engineering for ‘Beat the Pro’ Prize
- AGM Services for The Putting Competition Prize
- Synergy Networking for the Tombolla Sponsorship
- Acorn Parks Limited for the Raffle Prize of a Holiday
- And finally, thank you to those who have sponsored a Tee on the course ..
With amazing support from local businesses and from all the golfers that participated, we are delighted to announce that we raised more than £10,000 in profit for Weston Hospicecare.
Many thanks to A1 Camera Club for the many superb photos from the day, they can be viewed here…
- Nearest the pin (Mens): Paul Jones
- Longest drive (Mens): Jack Poole
- Longest drive (Ladies): Emma Burton
- Ladies 1st place: G. Bright, E. Walker, E. Burton, A. Cook (81 points)
- Men’s 4th place: J. Biddle, M. Ham, B. Biddle, L Harding (88 points)
- Men’s 3rd place: P. Woodrow, P. Jeffery, M. Shippsey, K. Blackwell (89 points)
- Men’s 2nd place: C. Rowe, B. Whitwell, B. Jewell, S. Allen (90 points)
- Men’s 1st place: N. Hawkins, C. Ward, M. Rumsell, J. Underhill (91 points)
Each year, it costs £5.5million to run the hospice and only 20% of that figure is supplied by the government. This means that for each team entered and for every business who supports the hospice, they play a huge part in supporting the care given to people in our area who need it the most.
To find out more about the benefits to your business partnering with Weston Hospicecare, please click here.
For more information about what Weston Hospicecare does for people in Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset and Sedgemoor click here.
Please contact Sue Kingman, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. for sponsor opportunities or to enter a team.
To find out more about the benefits of working with Weston Hospicecare, click here.
Error: Contact form not found.