Corporate Partnership Opportunities
For more than 30 years Weston Hospicecare has provided palliative care to local people with cancer, motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s disease and all other life-limiting illnesses. Weston Hospicecare is your local hospice. Our patients and families receive specialist care, support, understanding and compassion for as long as they need it, without charge.
Thank you to the many businesses who already partner with Weston Hospicecare. We really appreciate your generous and much appreciated ongoing support.
Weston Hospicecare receives only 20% of our running costs from government. So we depend upon our precious and crucial relationships with businesses to work towards contributing to the outstanding 80%.
Is your business looking for a new Charity Partner, a Charity of the Year or perhaps you have an idea for a fundraising event of your own? There are so many ways to support us as your local hospice. Here’s a few ideas to get you started but if you have a fundraising suggestion, we would love to hear it!
- Sponsor our fundraising events: Great publicity for your business. We can work with you to determine how best to widely promote your support.
- Participate in our fundraising events: Why not make it a team building day at The Mendip Challenge or a networking event at our Annual Charity Golf Day.
- Gifts in Kind: A local florist has donated flowers for our Inpatient Unit for over a year! What could your business do?
- Volunteer for projects or to support staff: We have had Volunteer Gardeners, Decorators, Marshalls at events, charity store take-overs to mention just a few ideas.
- Match funding: Means your company matches the amount raised by an employee for a fundraising challenge organised by the hospice or a challenge of their own choosing, usually up to a certain amount, effectively doubling the employee’s donation.
- Collection tins: Could these be placed on your tills or in the Staff Canteen?
- Corporate donation: maybe you have your own personal reasons to support us.
There’s a whole host of reasons to partner with us. The key benefits for your business are…
A word from us about what we do…
We deliver expert care from our base, Jackson-Barstow House where there is a 10 bedroom inpatient unit (IPU), along with a day and wellbeing centre.
To complement our in-house services, we have a team of Community Nurse Specialists who care for patients and their families in their own homes throughout Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area
During 2021 Weston Hospicecare supported 2,591 local people, totally free of charge, through one of the most difficult times of their lives.
We support a service area of 170,000 residents throughout North Somerset and Sedgemoor.
Learn more about Weston Hospicecare by clicking here.