Volunteering during COVID-19
The coronavirus outbreak has impacted all of us in one way or another.
We understand that your time, skills and enthusiasm are extremely precious. So, we want you to get the most out of the time you spend with us.
Usually we have many roles available. These include working with patients, carers, customers or helping behind the scenes. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are having to do things slightly differently.
Subject to government guidance and our risk assessments, we have had to make some difficult decisions. They include:
- If you are in the extremely clinically vulnerable or shielded category, we will not be able to offer you a role until we feel it is safe to do so.
- If you are aged 70 and over, or have a condition listed in the clinically vulnerable category, we will undertake an individual risk assessment with you to ensure you can volunteer with us safely.
If you are unsure if this applies to you, please see:
In line with government guidance, we have:
- Carried out COVID-19 risk assessments which will be shared with all new volunteers
- We have implemented cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk such as sneeze screens and any relevant PPE provided
Please be assured we will always prioritise our volunteers health, safety and wellbeing.
If you would like to volunteer for Weston Hospicecare, why not see where we could use your help by clicking here?