Volunteering during COVID-19
The coronavirus outbreak has impacted all of us in one way or another.
We understand that your time, skills and enthusiasm are extremely precious. So, we want you to get the most out of the time you spend with us.
Usually we have many roles available. These include working with patients, carers, customers or helping behind the scenes. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are having to do things slightly differently.
Each new and returning volunteer will need to complete an individual risk assessment. The outcome of this risk assessment, the departmental risk assessment and the exposure of the role applied for will determine whether you will be able to start with us immediately or may need to delay starting until a bit later in the Government’s Roadmap.
Staying COVID-19 Secure
We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment which will be shared with all new volunteers
- We have cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-19 Secure workplace or work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot keep 2m apart we have ensured at least a 1m distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk such as sneeze screens and any relevant PPE provided
- We have taken all reasonable steps to provide adequate ventilation in enclosed spaces
If you would like to volunteer in our shops, please visit any of our charity shops and ask to speak with the manager.
Please be assured we will always prioritise our volunteers health, safety and wellbeing.
How are we keeping volunteers safe in our shops?